- Day 1
March 7, 2022
3:45 pm - 5:00 pm
- Day 2
March 22, 2022
3:45 pm - 5:00 pm
Bookings for this course are now closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The INSPIRE Communication & Interaction ASD Team are hosting a training opportunity. This training is within the Universal Offer, Ordinarily Available Framework and so will enable all staff working in a Maintained Early Years setting/school to have a better understanding and awareness of Autism and the way it affects children in settings/schools.
Participants will need to register to attend one session for each of 2 parts to the Training. If you are unable to attend both dates, you can book onto another cohort via the Learning Partnership website
Training taking place via Microsoft Teams (joining instructions will be sent out following the closing date and prior to the session) The course presenters will be Specialist Teachers from INSPIRE
The aims of ‘Making sense of autism in the Early Years’ are to:
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and how autism can affect children in the Early Years.
- Know the importance of understanding the individual autistic child and their profile of strengths and needs.
- Highlight potential barriers to learning for autistic children.
- Equip you with the knowledge you need in order to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic children.
Following Making Sense of Autism participants will be able to:
- Identify the four key areas of difference that need to be taken into account
- Develop an awareness of the sensory and communication differences that autistic children may experience.
- Access resources to support learning for Autistic children
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting nearer the date.
Admin/booking enquiries: Emma Worley at email@example.com
General Enquiries: Andrea Boswell at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a FREE event for H&F settings/schools so there is no charge in attending.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Registrations will be sent to the course facilitator to complete the registration.
Venue: Online MS Teams
This event will be held over MS Teams.
Once registered, a link will be sent to your registered email prior to the event.