- Day 1
March 17, 2022
3:45 pm - 5:00 pm
- Day 2
March 31, 2022
3:45 pm - 5:00 pm
The INSPIRE Communication & Interaction ASD Team are hosting a training opportunity. This training is within the Universal Offer, Ordinarily Available Framework and so will enable all staff working in a Hammersmith & Fulham School to have a better understanding and awareness of Autism and the way it affects children and young people in schools.
Participants will need to register to attend one session for each of 2 parts to the Training. If you are unable to attend both dates, you can book onto another cohort via the Learning Partnership website
Training taking place via Microsoft Teams (joining instructions will be sent out following the closing date and prior to the session). The course presenters will be Specialist Teachers from INSPIRE
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and the three areas of difference that affect autistic pupils.
- Equip you with the knowledge you need to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic pupils.
Following Making Sense of Autism participants will
- Understand the importance of getting to know the pupil as an individual.
- Approach autism as a difference rather than as a disorder or impairment.
- Understand the importance of identifying the strengths and needs of autistic pupils.
- Know how three areas of difference can affect autistic pupils.
- Appreciate how important it is to listen to and learn from the perspectives of autistic pupils.
- Reflect on and implement reasonable adjustments to support autistic pupils you work with.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the importance of one-page profiles and how to collect information for the one-page profile
- Access resources to support learning for Autistic children and young people
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting nearer the date.
Admin/booking enquiries: Emma Worley at email@example.com
General Enquiries: Andrea Boswell at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a FREE event for H&F settings/schools so there is no charge for staff attending.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Your details will be sent to the course facilitator to complete your registration.
Venue: Online MS Teams
This event will be held over MS Teams.
Once registered, a link will be sent to your registered email prior to the event.