- February 24, 2022
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This training session is part of the ‘Attachment & Learning Series’. H&F Virtual School are offering a series of training sessions and webinars this academic year to support those working with vulnerable children and young people. The sessions will be delivered online by Educational Psychologists.
This is part of a DfE initiative to allow Virtual School Head Teachers to share their knowledge and expertise of working with Children Looked After to improve educational outcomes for all children with a social worker.
This session is suitable for those who work with children under the age of 5 years and it aims to support your everyday practice by:
- Critically exploring attachment theory and why it is important for healthy child development
- Discussing attachment needing behaviour in young children and linked supportive strategies
- Exploring why transitions are more challenging for some children and how we can support social and emotional needs
- Using case studies to demonstrate how we can apply attachment-based strategies to support vulnerable children
- Reflecting on the role of the key adult in early years settings and how attachment ideas are relevant to your practice
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance and access to a resource pack following the session.
Venue: Online MS Teams
This event will be held over MS Teams.
Once registered, a link will be sent to your registered email prior to the event.