- February 24, 2022
3:45 pm - 5:15 pm
The INSPIRE Communication & Interaction ASD Team are hosting a training opportunity. This will enable all staff working in a Maintained Early Years setting/school to have a better understanding and awareness of Autism and the way it affects children in settings/schools.
When –participants will need to register to attend each of 2 parts to the Training
Part 1 – Tuesday 25th January 3.45 – 5.15
or Part 1 – Wednesday 26th January 3.45 – 5.15
or Part 1 – Thursday 27th January 3.45 – 5.15
Part 2 – Tuesday 22nd February 3.45 – 5.15
or Part 2 – Wednesday 23rd February 3.45 – 5.15
or Part 2 – Thursday 24th February 3.45 – 5.15
Training taking place via Microsoft Teams (joining instructions will be sent out following the closing date and prior to the session) The course presenters will be Specialist Teachers from INSPIRE
The aims of ‘Making sense of autism in the Early Years’ are to:
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and how autism can affect children in the Early Years.
- Know the importance of understanding the individual autistic child and their profile of strengths and needs.
- Highlight potential barriers to learning for autistic children.
- Equip you with the knowledge you need in order to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic children.
Following Making Sense of Autism participants will be able to:
- Identify the four key areas of difference that need to be taken into account
- Develop an awareness of the sensory and communication differences that autistic children may experience.
- Access resources to support learning for Autistic children
A link will be sent to all delegates on the morning of the session with the email used to register. Please check your junk mail.
Venue: Online MS Teams
This event will be held over MS Teams.
Once registered, a link will be sent to your registered email prior to the event.