- February 8, 2022
6:15 pm - 7:00 pm
This session is now closed for online bookings but if you wish to attend, please email: email@example.com before 5pm on 8.2.22
The INSPIRE Communication & Interaction ASD Team are hosting a training opportunity. This will enable all staff working in a Private, Voluntary or Independent Early years setting to have a better understanding and awareness of Autism and the way it affects children in settings.
When –participants will need to register to attend each of 3 parts to the Training
Part 3 – Tuesday 8th February 6.15 -7.00
Part 3 – Thursday 10th February 12.15 – 1.00
Training taking place via Zoom (joining instructions will be sent out following the closing date and prior to the session) The course presenters will be Specialist Teachers from INSPIRE
The aims of ‘Making sense of autism in the Early Years’ are to:
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and how autism can affect children in the Early Years.
- Know the importance of understanding the individual autistic child and their profile of strengths and needs.
- Highlight potential barriers to learning for autistic children.
- Equip you with the knowledge you need in order to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic children.
Following Making Sense of Autism participants will be able to:
- Identify the four key areas of difference that need to be taken into account
- Develop an awareness of the sensory and communication differences that autistic children may experience.
- Access resources to support learning for Autistic children
Venue: Online - Zoom
This meeting will be held on Zoom