- March 4, 2022
11:00 am - 1:15 pm
This is a practical and interactive workshop which will discuss the end-to-end cycle of right to work and sponsorship in the context of the most up to date regulations, guidance, and best practice. This workshop will last approx. 1.45-2.15 hrs, dependant on questions at the end.
It will be delivered by Maria Cavilla, Director at Veristat ltd. Veristat are specialists in providing immigration advice to employers and education providers in the UK.
- A brief overview of the legislation governing the obligation on employers to prevent illegal working in the UK.
- The process for verifying the right to work in the UK, including changes due to come into force on 6th April 2022.
- Employers’ duties for record keeping and monitoring ongoing right to work.
- A brief discussion of some of the issues around the Employment of European nationals post 1 July 2021.
- A brief overview of the Points Based System and sponsorship.
- Preliminary issues in sponsoring employees.
- The role of managers around the business and centrally in sponsorship compliance.
- Record keeping, monitoring, and reporting requirements for sponsored workers.
- Possible implications and sanctions if evidence of non-compliance identified.
- An opportunity to ask any immigration related questions
When will it take place? 11.00am on 4 March 2022
Who should attend: SBMs, School Leaders
Location: The workshop will be held over Microsoft Teams (virtual)
£45 per delegate to schools that purchase our HR SLA
£70 per delegate to schools that do not purchase our SLA
Venue: Online MS Teams
This event will be held over MS Teams.
Once registered, a link will be sent to your registered email prior to the event.