- February 3, 2022
3:45 pm - 5:15 pm
This meeting is now closed for booking. For any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The INSPIRE Communication & Interaction ASD Team are hosting a training opportunity. This will enable all staff working in a Hammersmith & Fulham School to have a better understanding and awareness of Autism and the way it affects children and young people in schools.
Participants will need to register to attend each of 2 parts to the Training
Part 1 – Tuesday 1st February 3.45 – 5.15
or Part 1 – Wednesday 2nd February 3.45 – 5.15
or Part 1 – Thursday 3rd February 3.45 – 5.15
Part 2 – Tuesday 1st March 3.45 – 5.15
or Part 2 – Wednesday 2nd March 3.45 – 5.15
or Part 2 – Thursday 3rd March 3.45 – 5.15
Training taking place via Microsoft Teams (joining instructions will be sent out following the closing date and prior to the session). The course presenters will be Specialist Teachers from INSPIRE
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and the three areas of difference that affect autistic pupils.
- Equip you with the knowledge you need to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic pupils.
Following Making Sense of Autism participants will
- Understand the importance of getting to know the pupil as an individual.
- Approach autism as a difference rather than as a disorder or impairment.
- Understand the importance of identifying the strengths and needs of autistic pupils.
- Know how three areas of difference can affect autistic pupils.
- Appreciate how important it is to listen to and learn from the perspectives of autistic pupils.
- Reflect on and implement reasonable adjustments to support autistic pupils you work with.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the importance of one-page profiles and how to collect information for the one-page profile
- Access resources to support learning for Autistic children and young people
Venue: Online MS Teams
This event will be held over MS Teams.
Once registered, a link will be sent to your registered email prior to the event.