- May 3, 2022
6:15 pm - 7:00 pm
The INSPIRE Communication & Interaction Autism Team are hosting a training opportunity. This training is within the Universal Offer, Ordinarily Available Framework and so will enable all Childminders working in H&F to have a better understanding and awareness of Autism and the way it affects children.
When –participants will need to register to attend one session of each Part 1 & Part 2 of the Training
PART 2 dates:
Tuesday 17th MAY 6.15 – 7.00 pm
Thursday 19th MAY 6.15 – 7.00 pm
Training taking place via ZOOM (joining instructions will be sent out following the closing date and prior to the session) The course presenters will be Specialist Teachers from INSPIRE
The aims of ‘Making sense of autism in the Early Years’ are to:
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and how autism can impact children in the Early Years.
- Know the importance of understanding the individual autistic child and their profile of strengths and needs.
- Highlight potential barriers to learning and inclusion for autistic children.
- Equip you with the knowledge you need in order to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic children.
Following Making Sense of Autism participants will be able to:
- Identify the four key areas of difference that need to be taken into account
- Develop an awareness of the sensory and communication differences that autistic children may experience.
- Access resources to support learning for Autistic children
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting nearer the date.
Admin/booking enquiries: Emma Worley at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Andrea Boswell at email@example.com
IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Once registered, your details will be shared with the course facilitator to complete your registration
Venue: Online - Zoom
This meeting will be held on Zoom