- May 12, 2022
3:45 pm - 5:00 pm
The INSPIRE Communication & Interaction Autism Team are hosting a training opportunity. This will enable all staff working in a Hammersmith & Fulham School to have a better understanding and awareness of Autism and the way it affects children and young people in schools.
Participants will need to register to attend each of 2 parts to the Training
Training taking place via Microsoft Teams (joining instructions will be sent out following the closing date and prior to the session). The course presenters will be Specialist Teachers from INSPIRE
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and the three areas of difference that affect autistic pupils.
- Equip you with the knowledge you need to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic pupils.
Following Making Sense of Autism participants will
- Understand the importance of getting to know the pupil as an individual.
- Approach autism as a difference rather than as a disorder or impairment.
- Understand the importance of identifying the strengths and needs of autistic pupils.
- Know how three areas of difference can affect autistic pupils.
- Appreciate how important it is to listen to and learn from the perspectives of autistic pupils.
- Reflect on and implement reasonable adjustments to support autistic pupils you work with.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the importance of one-page profiles and how to collect information for the one-page profile
- Access resources to support learning for Autistic children and young people
A link will be sent to all delegates on the morning of the session with the email used to register. Please check your junk mail.
Venue: Online MS Teams
This event will be held over MS Teams.
Once registered, a link will be sent to your registered email prior to the event
IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Once registered, your details will be shared with the course facilitator to complete your registration
Venue: Online - Zoom
This meeting will be held on Zoom